Thursday, April 30, 2009

Greatfull




So this past week, while my parents were on a business trip to London, England, I got to babysit my two sisters Kori and Kim for 10 days. Kim is a junior in high school and really busy so she isn't home much so you really don't need to babysit her, but Kori is in 5th grade and busy as ever! She has multiple things every night of the week. I was so glad that my mom asked me to watch the kids while she was gone because she usually has my grandma and aunts watch them so I was really excited because I have never watched them for that many days and I honestly didn't think it would be that hard...boy was I wrong! Being a mom to two teenage kids is HARD work! I have no idea how my mom or any mom does it, specially when she had 4 of us at home! You have to juggle going to work, getting the kids up and off to school, making sure they are to softball practice, piano, softball games and play practice, cooking dinner everynight, keeping the house clean, taking care of your husband, making sure their homework is done, make sure they did their reading for the day,planning your lesson for sunday, taking care of the dogs and farm animals, and laundry ( I'm sure I missed a few other ones too). I never realized how stressfull and hard it is to be a mother. Not that Kim and Kori are naughty, hard to take care of kids either, they are wonderfull kids! Its like that country song Mr. mom, I honestly don't know how they do it and have any time for their selves. During the middle of the week I told Jer that I am never gonna have kids, he then reminded me that kids dont go from little bundles of joy to busy teenagers over night and you slowly get use to all the hussle and bussle, which is true. But I just wanted to let all of the mothers out there, specially my mom, how much I look up to you and how greatfull I am to you! My mom could have easily said we could only take one dance class or only play sports so she could have more time for herself, but she NEVER did. Us kids did every single activity we wanted we did dancing, piano, multiple sports, voice lessons, traveling leagues... everything! And never once did I hear my mom complain about never having time for herself...NEVER! I am so greatfull for my wonderfull mom and her letting me watch the kids so that I could see how much mothers do for their children. Dad don't think I forgot about you, I am very greatfull for him as well. Without all of the time he has spent helping with things and also for working hard at work and making it financially possible to do all of the things I was able to do while i was growing up. I know that I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for my mom and dad being so un-selfish and letting me be involved in all of the things I have been. I love you mom and dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment